The private beach, linked by tunnels
dug into the rock.
A path through tunnels in the rock leads
from the hotel to the private beach.
The two cliffs equipped with solarium offer
the thrill of being in the sun, but in close contact
with the crystal clear water.
Open during the summer
For Gio Ponti: 'A stretch of water for wood nymphs'.
Inside the gardens, surrounded by rare botanical specimens, there is a salt water pool designed by Gio Ponti. Small relaxing islands emerge from the pool and the diving board seems to be suspended over the water.
Open during the summer
Stage on the Gulf
The Gio Ponti restaurant, designed to give a perspective on the endless sea.The Gio Ponti restaurant gives an immediate telescope effect,which magnifies the view of the sea with its wide spaces and the absence of wall backdrops.
In the main restaurant of the hotel it is possible to start each new day with a delicious breakfast or dinner to end it with a flourish.
Lunch at the beach
At the restaurant Poggio Siracusa, on the deck of the private beach.
During the summer months, the deck of the beach hosts the Poggio Siracusa, marina restaurant.
Thanks to its location, it is perfect to taste seafood specialities, accompanied by the sound of the waves.
The poetry of the gardens
Romantic scene of legendary love stories.The three-hectare botanical garden contains rare plant species and lost loves: among the many romantic spots, the Bridge of Love that wows a plaque with verses of Princess Desirée of Sweden and the Temple of Venus, which stands in the place where once grew the aphrodisiac plant grown at that time when the land belonged to the Jesuit friars.
Enjoy some relax at the Blu Bar. Sip a nice drink while admiring the ceramic pebbles on the walls designed by Gio Ponti, to which the designer entrusted “levity... gracefulness and light and sky reflections”, and the extraordinary embossed ceramics by the sculptor Fausto Melotti.
Dedicated to physical
A fully equipped room available to all hotel guests
24 hours a day.
Parking and shuttle
Outdoor parking on request.
Shuttle service (by reservation) to/from the city centre and Relais Regina Giovanna (Capo di Sorrento - Baths of Queen Giovanna)
Free Wi-Fi is available in rooms and communal areas of the hotel.
The stories of Parco dei Principi
The land on which the hotel is located belonged to the Order of the Jesuits until the eighteenth century when the King of Naples, Ferdinand IV of Bourbon acquired the property and gave a part of it to his cousin Paul Leopold of Bourbon, Count of Syracuse.
In 1792 the Count built Villa Poggio Siracusa whose sumptuous rooms hosted dames and barons eager to leisure in that joyful Eden. The tragic death of the beloved of the Count, started a period of decline that lasted until 1885 when the Cortchacow family bought the area.
The villa returned to its original glory by becoming the theatre of stories, passions and famous receptions.
The new owners started the striking creation of a dacha in the English Gothic style to be used for a future visit of the illustrious cousin, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.
The hotel is located right on the remains of the never completed dacha.
Manifesto of contemporary architecture
Roberto Fernandes, the Neapolitan engineer, bought the land in 1959 and commissioned the architect Gio Ponti to transform the place into a hotel.
The historical legacy, the extraordinary location and natural colours inspired Ponti to create a structure rooted in the earth characterised by the verticality of the ancient dacha and the Sorrento coast.
The Parco dei Principi hotel was inaugurated on 11 April 1962 and since then has remained evidence of the absolute and joyful intuition of the engineer Fernandes.